ABB recognizes that a diverse and talented workforce is a key competitive advantage. As a truly global company, our business success reflects the quality and skill of our people. We believe that the wide array of perspectives that results from a diversity and inclusion focus promotes innovation and business success.
At ABB, diversity means difference –differences that make each of us unique. This includes tangible differences such as age, gender, ethnicity, physical disability and appearance as well as underlying differences such as beliefs, ways of thinking and acting.
Inclusion means understanding, valuing and respecting workplace diversity, so that no employee is excluded from the workplace nor the opportunity to develop skills and talents consistent with our values and business objectives.
We are committed to employing talented people and supporting them to achieve their highest potential. Our employees should reflect the diversity of our customers, markets and communities where we operate, and their diverse capabilities enable ABB to anticipate and fulfil our customers’ needs.
At ABB, we are also committed to:
- Attracting, developing and retaining talent to ensure superior business growth and performance
- Providing equal opportunities
- Treating people with respect and dignity, according to our Business Principles
- Valuing differences and the contribution of all employees
- Investigating all cases of unfair discrimination in the workplace and taking appropriate action
Our diversity and inclusion efforts will only be a success if they are recognized by our employees. Specifically, we will have achieved success when ABB employees endorse the following statements:
- My co-workers make me feel respected and valued
- Regardless of differences or backgrounds, all employees have equal opportunity to a successful career at ABB
- My team values diverse perspectives
Our aspiration is to create and maintain a flexible environment that naturally attracts and retains the best talent and enables all employees to realize their full potential in the pursuit of organizational objectives.
In this way, diversity and inclusion will strengthen ABB’s competitive advantage and contribute to our sustained success.
de Saint Victor